There’s a lot of misinformation about the abortion pill and how it works. Come see us to confirm your pregnancy, talk with a nurse, and get answers to any questions or concerns you may have.
Note: Taking the abortion pill or ordering it online (Plan C) without consulting a medical professional can be dangerous.
Schedule an Appointment Online. It’s Quick, Easy, and Discreet.
Before Taking the Abortion Pill
Determine how far along you are.
The abortion pill is only effective for pregnancies below a certain age. If you are past a certain week, it may be too late for you to take the abortion pill. Ensure you aren’t putting yourself at risk by getting a free limited ultrasound first and finding out how far along you are.
Make sure the pregnancy is viable.
Approximately 15-25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. It is important to first get an ultrasound to determine if the pregnancy is viable. An ultrasound can also rule out an ectopic pregnancy which occurs when the fertilized egg does not correctly move into the uterus. This can be a life-threatening condition and would need immediate action.
Abortion Pill Facts
- It’s officially called RU-486 and was approved by the FDA in 2000. Another name for RU-486 is a medical or chemical abortion.
- The pill is actually two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol, and it’s taken in two separate doses. (One at the clinic and one at home.)
- It can cost anywhere between $300-$800.
- The abortion pill is not the same as the emergency contraceptive, The Morning After Pill or Plan B One-Step.
- Some insurance companies cover a portion of the cost.
- It is usually taken between 4-6 weeks but can be taken up to 11 weeks in most cases.
- It is not an option for people with certain medical conditions.
- Reversal is possible if action is taken after the first dose.
Abortion Pill Side-Effects
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- Heavy or prolonged bleeding
- Infection or septic shock
- Digestive system pain or discomfort
- Heavy cramping
- Nausea or vomiting
If you are considering taking the abortion pill, come see us. We provide free pregnancy confirmation to determine if your pregnancy is viable and how far along you are. With several abortion methods available today, how far along you are will determine what is available and how much it will cost.
Learn more about the pill, how it works, and talk to a nurse about your medical history.
Make an appointment today.
Note: We are a limited medical facility and provide evidence-based information on the abortion pill and abortion procedures. We do not perform or refer for abortions.