Volunteers are the heartbeat of Central Florida Pregnancy Center! They are our most valuable resource. The Pregnancy Care Ministry is an environment where volunteers are continually challenged to learn and grow. Our client advocates, ultrasound witnesses, and receptionists are required to take a 20-hour training workshop and undergo several weeks of orientation before seeing clients one-on-one. If you want to know more about how you can get involved, please contact us at 386-574-5894
CFPC volunteers are highly committed, compassionate people who make a big difference in the lives of our clients. A typical time commitment involves a weekly four-hour shift. Because we are committed to upholding a high level of care for the women who come to us, all potential volunteers undergo a screening and interview process.
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- Sorting donations of maternity and baby clothing
- Cleaning the Center on a weekly or monthly basis
- Mailouts (folding/stuffing)
- Getting bottles ready for the Baby Bottle Campaign
- Helping with annual Fundraisers
- Train to become a volunteer presenter in our Abstinence Education program
- Men to train as counselors to work with boyfriends/husbands of our clients
- Individuals to serve on Advisory Committees for our Board of Directors
- Invite family or friends, a small group and/or youth group to help with a service project
The Center is always in need of the following items for our Baby Boutique:
- Diapers (sizes Newborn to size 3)
- New, unused bottles
- Baby Clothes
- Maternity Clothes
- New Cribs
- Crib Mattresses
- Crib sheets
- Baby Care items, such as baby wash and rash cream
- Diaper Bags
- Breast pumps / Breast Pads
- Pregnancy and Baby Books
- Strollers, High chairs, etc.
The Center has a new and easy way to donate. We have arranged for a clothing and shoe recycle box to be placed at our location near the exit to the complex. You can see it pictured above. The Pregnancy Center receives a financial benefit from this box; we are paid by the poundage of clothes and shoes collected. So bring your clothing and shoes of all sizes and help us fill our box. A Clothing Drive to fill the box would also make a great service project for a youth group or service organization.
Central Florida Pregnancy Center is able to offer free services to this community thanks to generous donations from people like you. As a registered charitable organization, the Center depends on contributions from area businesses, civic organizations and churches as well as from individuals.
All gifts are tax-deductible. You can donate securely online below or checks can be mailed to:
Central Florida Pregnancy Center, Inc.
3151 Howland Blvd., Suite 1
Deltona, FL 32725